Ohio African Braiding
Ramas Hair Salon – Your Ohio African Braiding Salon
Rama’s is proud to offer our clients top-notch Ohio African Braiding with personalized customer care. With our years of experience and dedication to excellence, we’ve earned a reputation as one of Ohio’s go-to African braiding salons. If you’re thinking about getting braids, keep reading to discover a few good reasons to try them out.
Why African Braiding is a Good Choice
Braids are Low-Maintenance
Once your braids are in, there’s very little you need to do to maintain them. Just keep them moisturized and covered while you sleep and you’re good to go. You don’t even need to shampoo these bad boys. Just imagine how much time you’ll save in the shower since you don’t have to wash your hair regularly!
Ohio African Braiding is a Protective Hairstyle
One of the biggest perks to getting braids is that they help prevent breakage and keep your hair healthier. Since you don’t have to fuss with daily styling and new growth isn’t exposed to the elements, your hair has a chance to flourish.
There are Many Different African Braids Styles to Choose From
If you’re searching for a new look and want something that reflects your own unique sense of style, African braiding is a great way to go. Our salon provides many Ohio residents the choice of many different braid styles including:
- Box braids- these braids are divided by small squared off parts which can be individually plaited.
- Ghana braids- One of the most popular styles are also known as banana braids or invisible cornrows.
- Goddess braids- This style can las for days or even weeks. These are inverted braids that that lay flat to your scalp. Goddess braids can be styled in many different patterns.
- Corn rows- Unlike most braids, this style can be worn for months at a time. These braids are woven very closely to the scalp. Set some time aside for this style, as it can take a few hours to get the perfect braid. These can lay flat or open at the ends to be placed in a ponytail or twist.
- Micro braids-Another popular type of braiding technique is micros. These are very small braids that can be wavy, straight, or curly.
- Feeder braids- This style is known as the illusion cornrow. This style gives the illusion that someone has naturally long hair. These braids are accomplished by adding extensions during the braiding process.
- Crochet braids- Like feeder braids, this style is done by adding extensions to the hair; however, instead of braiding, the extensions are looped into the cornrow with a crochet needle.
It’s a Style that Will Last
This isn’t one of those styles that you get done one week and it’s gone flat the next. Our African Braids are in it for the long-term. Our Ohio customers know that our African braiding styles can last anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks, depending on the rate of new hair growth.
They Can Be Worn in a Variety of Ways
Braids offer you a wide variety of styling options. You can obviously wear your braids down every day to show off all that glorious hair, if you’d like. But if you prefer to change things up every so often, you have options – you can put them in a top knot, a ponytail, a bun, half up/half down, etc. You get to choose!
Tips for Your Ohio African Braiding Salon Visit
When you are traveling from Ohio to our Salon, it is important for you to wash your hair before you go to make the process go as smoothly as possible, you should show up with freshly washed, conditioned, and detangled hair.
Talk to Your Stylist – To guarantee that you end up with the awesome style you’ve envisioned, take time to describe exactly what you’re looking for to your stylist. You might even consider bringing in a picture that shows the style you’re after.
Invest in a Quality Conditioner – The longevity of your braids depends on how well you take care of them. Have a good quality braid conditioner ready to go. If you’re not sure what brand to buy, just ask your stylist – they’re sure to have a favorite brand.
Visit Ramas in Indianapolis for Ohio’s Best African Braiding
If you have any questions about African braiding or if you’d like to make an appointment, just give us a call at 317-496-8229. Or feel free to come visit us in person during regular business hours at 5050 East 38th Street in Indianapolis. Our talented stylists are ready to help you look your best!